Sunday, December 19, 2010

Write Like You'll Never Write Again

Motionless! Stagnant! Complacent! Brokenness!
Fragments Of dreams


Tied up! Torn down!
Shaken! Shook up!
Trying hard to get out and stay out of this rut


So I’ll write to express
So my vulnerability will be evident


As if I’m in front of a crowd totally undressed


Revealing that I’m striving but I feel like I’m a mess
Weary and in need of rest


Songstress without a song
Drums without a drummer


Clogged to capacity
But there is no plumber


Get a snake and some extra strength Drano
I’m so tired of the same ol’


Backed up
Resisting the temptation to act up


I’ll write like I’ll never write again


A letter to my lover
Notes to my friend


Words can provide encouragement
If honest we all have tendencies to fall short


A good dream
A goal we abort


If we can’t see a clear path


I’ll write as if this time is my last


Express love even if not asked
Take off all masks


And regardless of the repercussions
Go all the way and not half step


Live a life of less regret


So when I write
I’ll write with a passion unheard of


When you read what was written
I’ll be someone you want to learn of


I’ll write until I’m raggedy
Until I can’t write any longer


Go thru it head on
Believing that it will make me stronger


Millions of words phrases and sentences


It will be so clear
No need to ask, “What is your mission Miss?”


I’ll write like I’ll never write again


A gift !A golden opportunity!


Even when I put my pen down writing continues to pursue me


So I’ll write like I’ll never write again






©2010 Atiya Meadows-Thomas .All rights reserved no republication of this material, in any form or medium is permitted without expressed permission of the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment