Friday, March 12, 2010

So, Did Love Do This?

My emotions are in need of a coolant
While his emotions are truant


In the language of pain I' am fluent


I can unscramble it
Read it backwards
So familiar with it some may say I have it mastered


So, the question arose, "Did love do this?


Pursue me passionately
Now left clueless


Feeling so embarrassed
Thought I was careful
Tried so hard not to be careless


Debating with myself, "Should I share this?"


Frustrated
Teary eyed
Runny nose


Thinking, "Where did we go wrong?"
How did we let our love thing get old?


So, did love do this?


Cause us to be inconsistent
The negative resistance
Makes us not at least willing to fix it
Oh the tension!


So, is this the other side of love?


I miss the sweetness and the sincerity of your kisses, the security of your hugs


So did love do this?


Or is this a product of emotions un-communicated and un-channeled?
What I'm trying to figure out is how to make it work
How is this to be handled?


Love couldn't have done this


Not the love I know about
Long suffering, not easily provoked ,does not envy, bears all things, a source of hope


Did love do this?
Of this let's make some sense


Conversation and quality time
A companion, confidant, a friend of mine


I won't beg or plead but I do believe


That it wasn't love that shut down emotions caused one to be less focused on a relationship with more than just sexual benefits


Or can you see it?


What I wish is that it could all be made better with a kiss and a decision to make it work, make it last
Establish a foundation of love is what I ask






©2010 Atiya Meadows-Thomas .All rights reserved no republication of this material, in any form or medium is permitted without expressed permission of the author.


1 comment:

  1. Aww Atiya i do believe your are gifted with ability to express so much emotion through words! I <3 it!

    ReplyDelete