Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Message That I Didn't Want To Erase

I hear his voice over and over again and I miss his laugh


To spend my whole life with my father is all I asked,


All I longed for was to know and see him more


Hug him hold him close
Let him know he is adored


That he is appreciated


By his death I am devastated


I’m hurt that life would go this way


My longing to see him was eventually quenched
It is his voice that I miss


In conversation at times full of a father’s correction
Him showing a sign of concern and affection


I just wish I had the message to play repeatedly


I’m hoping he knew how much and what he meant to me


I love you daddy
I loved your ways
I loved your conversation


I was amazed with your maturity
With how you stood with open arms


A man that was willing to admit he was wrong and
apologize if he caused you harm


I wish I could hear his voice again
Hear his laugh and see his smile


Rest in peace Daddy,
Love your child


©2010 Atiya Meadows-Thomas .All rights reserved no republication of this material, in any form or medium is permitted without expressed permission of the author.

4 comments: