Monday, March 22, 2010

When We Rode

WHEN WE RODE


When we rode, we rode in silence


Hoping that today is different
Putting it all behind us


Our gestures, demeanors and nonverbals
Tell how we wish we could get over life’s hurdles


And that the seed of trouble becomes barren instead of fertile


Our hopes speaking loudly
But our reality is cloudy


When I look at the passengers faces, I think of where I was when God found me




Destitute and isolated
Wanting relief and a simple life
Things were just too complicated


Ignorant and Inconsiderate
And if pushed belligerent


Hoping for the phone to ring


Needing a sincere friend
But instead a downward spiraling


Thinking to myself, who will pick up the pieces?
Who will establish peace in a life that some consider to be a lost cause?


Skipping classes hiding in bathrooms and roaming the halls


Didn’t realize I talked too much and revealed who I was too soon
A recipe for disaster... “KABOOM”


A rough and rocky habitat


Cruel and confining
Lacked structure and kept me crying


Could any of these people be experiencing such torment?


Needing someone to listen without any comment


When we rode, we rode in silence


Her wanting to cry
Him wanting to die
All of us wondering why


We rode in silence




©2010 Atiya Meadows-Thomas .All rights reserved no republication of this material, in any form or medium is permitted without expressed permission of the author.


No comments:

Post a Comment